Volkl M6 Mantra Skis 2024
FREE Sunglasses with Purchase!
How do you improve a legend? You retain the features that made the ski famous and add the latest innovations, which allow progress where a year ago you couldn’t see any room for improvement. The Mantra M6 again comes with a multilayer wood core and tip and tail rocker. But in the coming season, the newly designed ski body will, for the first time, be adapted to a 3D radius sidecut concept with a tailored Titanal frame. By adapting the Titanal components to the various ski lengths and thus to the skier’s proportions, not only can the tip and tail ends be weight-optimised, but the torsional stiffness can also be influenced, thereby improving the ride qualities. This retains the familiar stability of a Titanal ski while also making the Mantra M6 noticeably lighter and more agile to control. The handling characteristics of the Mantra M6 are also enhanced by the tailored carbon tip. The dedicated positioning of the carbon fibres results in a precise tip response and vastly improves the ski’s torsional stiffness. In summary, the Mantra M6 is even more versatile than its predecessor and once again offers maximum fun!
- 3D RADIUS SIDECUT: Three radii in one ski for maximum TURNING & SPEED VERSATILITY IN ALL MOUNTAIN SKIING LONG TIP & TAIL RADIUS Usage of long radii at tip and tail for big turns and high speed // easy steering and maneuverability // disruption resistant at the tip // no radius limitation and ease of turn exit TIGHT CENTER RADIUS Usage of shorter radius in the center for short turns and lower speed // extremely easy to initiate short turns // strikingly agile // effortless and smooth in short turns
BASE P-TEX 2100: A sintered high-density and high molecular polyethylene base with great gliding characteristics and high durability
- FULL SIDEWALL: Direct and strong powertransmission with full length sidewalls
- MULTILAYER WOODCORE 1: The side wall is laminated to extremely stable layers of wood on the sides of the sandwich core. In combination with a more flexible, lighter wood built into the center of the sandwich core construction provides numerous advantages: The hardwood part immediately adjacent to the sidewall effects a higher power transmission, improves the edge grip and supports the edge against external forces. The low weight of the softwood part in the middle of the ski brings more agility and maneuverability and reduces overall ski weight. The combination of both wood types running through the entire ski length contributes to an optimal distribution of the ski stiffness increasing the steering precision. It is the first and only sidewall/core technology intended for aggressive on-piste and racing use and capable of delivering the victory and defeat, even if it is measured in hundredths of seconds.
- TAILORED CARBON TIPS: In this innovative manufacturing process the new Tailored Carbon Tips are produced by embroidering the individual carbon fibers onto a carrier material. This allows them to be positioned exactly along the stress lines, opening up completely new possibilities, for performance at the front of the ski, which has a decisive influence on the handling of the ski. The stiffness, torsion and thus the skiing characteristics can be specifically adjusted via the fiber thickness and millimeter-precise alignment. In this way, the fibers guide the dynamics to the areas of the ski where they are needed. The visibly integrated Tailored Carbon Tips are light, allow an agile shovel reaction with less effort and quickly build up energy. The Tailored Carbon Tips thus reach a new level of precision, direct tip response and active skiing pleasure.
TAILORED TITANAL FRAME: Volkl's new key echnology is called Tailored Titanal Frame. In contrast to the previous design, the width of the titanal frame is now adapted exactly to each individual ski length. This results in Tailored Titanal Frames, which are positioned above the sidewall alog the tip and tail area of the ski to provide the desired damping and torsional stiffness. The size of the frames is tailored to the skier's height, skiing ability and power. This means that longer ski models have a higher titanal content for more stiffness, more direct power transmission and stronger dampening. The shorter the length, the lower the titanal content, which makes the ski more agile, so that smaller, lighter and less powerful skiers can use the full potential performance of the ski. In addition to the Tailored Titanal Frames, a second, thinner titanal layer is located in the binding area, which gives the ski the necessary strength, but also agility. The result: the Tailored Titanal Frame technology provides an incomparable combination of agility and high speed control.
TIP & TAIL ROCKER: Character: Bends up only in the shovel and tail zones, with a camber shape in the middle
- TITANAL FRAME: More damping and stability over the full length of the ski Power on the Edge Strength for the mounting platform Damping over the full length Light & strong carbon tips
- WOODCORE: Special PU construction with a wooden core in the ski body.
R1-Tip, R2-Waist, R3-Tail
Weight With or Without Binding
|163||(R1) 24, (R2) 14, (R3) 20||135-96-119||1840 g|
|170||(R1) 27, (R2) 16, (R3) 22||135-96-119||1935 g|
|177||(R1) 30, (R2) 18, (R3) 24||135-96-119||2070 g|
|184||(R1) 32, (R2) 19, (R3) 26||135-96-119||2150 g|
|191||(R1) 35, (R2) 21, (R3) 28||135-96-119||2240 g|