Smith Scout MIPS Helmet 2023
The Scout has the look and attitude you want from a hardshell brimmed helmet with all the tech and fit that sets a Smith helmet apart. Our bombshell construction is tough and durable. Our lifestyle fit system makes for a perfect fit that keeps your goggles in place when you wear them under your helmet. The Scout is designed specifically for progressive users that are pushing the limits and dialing in their bag of tricks.
- Bombshell Construction: Bombshell construction uses an injection molded ABS shell to withstand high impacts with unparalleled durability and dent resistance.
- Airflow Climate Control: Strategically placed vents give you easy climate control in all conditions. Vent placement maximizes airflow and heat exhaustion in warm temperatures while minimizing undesired cold air drafts.
- AirEvac Ventilation: AirEvac drives the warm air away from the goggle through external vents and internal channels in the EPS liner.
- 8 Vents
- Self-Adjusting Lifestyle Fit System: Elastic in rear of liner adjusts to a range of head sizes.
- Multi-directional impact protection system: MIPS is used to reduce the rotational forces to the brain in the case of an oblique impact. Smith helmets are created to absorb direct impacts very efficiently and when combined with MIPS, Smith helmets absorb oblique forces better by allowing a small rotation of the outer shell relative to the liner. When you fall to the ground at an angle rotational forces are generated. A helmet integrating MIPS technology creates a sliding layer between the outer shell and the head. This allows the helmet's outer shell to slide relative to the head when hitting the ground, so the rotational force is decreased, reducing the potential to damage your brain.
- Removable Bombshell ear pads
- Removable Bombshell goggle lock
- Beanie compatible
- Outdoor Tech™ audio system available separately