Rome 390 Snowboard Bindings 2014
Comes with a FREE Snowboard DVD and FREE USA Shipping!
STRAIGHT DOPE-A$$ SNOWBOARDING.
Only Available in L/XL!!!
A binding with a perfect flex profile for back lips, back 7s, or backcountry slashes. Armed with V-Rod and UnderWrap technologies for our signature pop-with-flex feel. Drop in or send it with the perfect blend of flexibility, power and comfort.
V-Rod Baseplate-An unevenly designed baseplate with elevated corners on the toeside lateral corner and the heelside medial corner, and a rod of contact everywhere else. The smaller binding footprint gives natural board flex, side-to-side tweakage, and full toe-to-heel power.
The combo of a smaller binding footprint and more power from edge to edge is ideal for any binding-board combination V-Rod delivers.
How the baseplate is designed: A v-shaped “rockered” baseplate.
- A 110mm “rod” of contact with your board from edge to edge, extending from the outside of your heel to your big toe.
- The medial rear corner and lateral front corner of the baseplate are raised (v-shaped) off the surface of the board, and are replaced with compressible EVA and rubber.
- The narrow 110mm footprint of the rod lets your board flex more naturally.
- The narrow 110mm footprint of the rod, combined with the compressible EVA and rubber give your binding more progressive tweak.
- The edge-to-edge contact of the rod gives you direct toe-to-heel power.
New Underwrap.2 Heel Hoop with Channel Adjust-A primary element in driving the feel of the binding, this is the backbone to the 390 chassis. Light through coring, UnderWrap tech delivers our signature performance of toe-to-heel power combined with side-to-side flex. With the Channel Adjust system for 2014, dialing it in is easier than ever. Created for the 390, 390 Boss, and Madison Boss models, this frame has a solid heel section to take a beating and coring on the sides to lighten the load. UnderWrap has always delivered Flex With Pop—now it’s better with a set-up time that is all that much faster. As the backbone of our hybrid bindings, the UnderWrap system is the single most important Design House technology for combining unadulterated heel-to-toe power transfer with side-to-side snowboard tweakage. By lifting up on the toeside section of the binding while digging in heelside and vice versa, the power from your turn is leveraged into both edges. With the added Channel Adjust system, you can now move the heel hoop without removing any nuts or bolts. With 20mm of track, there is plenty of room to customize the heel hoop to any boot.
Openform Toe Strap- OpenForm means less concentration on material and more focus on the two spots that matter. One strap locks over the top and the other hugs around the front. Ultimate stability and comfort. Taking insight from our Mob Ankle strap, we opened up the design and created a supportive structure that tightens over the top of the binding as well as around the front. Simultaneous stability and conformed comfort.
Autostrap-A Rome-only idea—using an elastic band to hold the ankle straps out of the footbed until you are off the chair and ready to strap in. Simple and efficient. Founded on the idea that snowboarders should beat skiers to lines on pow days, the Rome AutoStrap system makes strapping in as fast as possible. A built-in piece elastic band keeps the ankle strap in tension, creating a system that holds your ankle strap away from the footbed when you’re not strapped in. Open your buckle and your strap automatically swings out of the way.
- NEW Forward Lean Adjustment
- Contour Ankle Strap-Tried and true, this strap continues to hold the reigns of binding comfort. Dialing in the flex of the 390, this strap boasts temperature-resistant materials and conforming internal foam that flexes and merges securely over any boot.
- 390 Asym Highback-Manufactured asymmetrically with a slight cant inward, this highback is built to match stance angles and flex with any board and boot combo. Take the 390 or 390 Boss anywhere and get the perfect balance of flex and response.
- SubBase V-Pad-As a crucial component to the V-Rod technology, this padded section of EVA between the binding and board fills the raised regions of the V-Rod Baseplate and creates cushioning and flex. This allows the V-Rod power transfer to effectively work while still providing a dampening barrier between the baseplate and topsheet.
- Rome Customization Foundation
- Rome QuickTech Foundation
Flex and Feel- Powerful-Playful
Sizing Info- L/XL Fits U.S Mens 9-14