Nidecker Thruster Snowboard 2022
We’ve poured decades of experience shaping performance snowboards into this new all-mountain charger. Introducing the Thruster. Combining elements of our previous best-selling models, the Platinum and Rave, with the latest in 3D design, the Thruster is made for aggressive high speed carving. It’s built on the lightest core in the Nidecker line, with a powerful camber profile and a super dense N-9000 sintered base that minimises drag. Trust us when we say this lightweight snowboard is blazingly fast. SideKick tips raise the wide points off the snow, making it smoother to engage the edges and helping the nose plow through deep snow and crud. Added carbon and an Absorbnid topsheet deliver a stable, chatter-free ride even when your eyes are watering. The name of the game here is control. This lightweight snowboard is a missile, sure, but it’s laser-guided.
Nidecker Thruster Features
- Absorbnid Top: Innovative top layer designed to absorb unwanted vibrations. This allows us to develop responsive, dynamic boards that still give you a smooth and fatigue free ride.
- 4/2-6: With 6 rows of inserts every 2cm, this insert combination allows you to adjust your stance to optimum position and works with all the bindings on the market. Our reference stance is the second narrowest position possible.
- Triax Plus: The result of extensive testing with our riders and engineers, our Triax laminate is oriented at 45* to the board and contains different glass densities. This provides consistent torsional flex, better pop, and more reactivity on every turn.
- Light Core Woodcore: Our lightest core - featuring 3 different wood types. The Light Core is a perfect combination of paulownia for lightness, poplar for pop and responsiveness, and hardwood beech stringers along the edges to increase core durability, pop and protection from edge impacts.
- N 9000 Base: Produced with carbon nanoparticles, the N-9000 has a very dense molecular structure, which makes it our fastest, most durable base material.
- Pop Carbon Added Fibers: Strategic placement of carbon fibers from the tail to the rear inserts, and from the nose to the front inserts, results in a more reactive board, with increased pop and stiffness. It's vibration dampening qualities make it ideal for more aggressive riding in all conditions.
- SideKick: SideKick lifts your edges at the widest points of the nose and tail resulting in increased float in powder, smoother riding in rough terrain and effortless turn initiation.
|BOARD SIZE (CM)||147||150||153||156||159||162W|
|TOTAL LENGTH (MM)||1470||1500||1530||1560||1590||1620|
|NOSE LENGTH (MM)||240||260||260||280||280||280|
|CONTACT EDGE LENGTH (MM)||1020||1040||1070||1070||1100||1130|
|EFFECTIVE EDGE LENGTH (MM)||1170||1200||1230||1240||1270||1300|
|TAIL LENGTH (MM)||200||200||200||210||210||210|
|SIDECUT RADIUS (M)||7500||7600||7700||7800||8000||8200|
|NOSE WIDTH (MM)||286||290||294||297||302||311|
|UNDERFOOT WIDTH : FRONT FOOT (MM)||252||255||259||263||267||276|
|WAIST WIDTH (MM)||244||248||250||254||258||266|
|UNDERFOOT WIDTH : REAR FOOT (MM)||252||257||259||265||267||276|
|TAIL WIDTH (MM)||283||287||291||294||298||307|
|SET BACK (MM)||20||20||20||20||20||20|
|REFERENCE STANCE (MM)||490||500||530||550||550||560|
|MINIMUM - MAXIMUM STANCE (MM)||450 - 570||460 - 580||490 - 610||510 - 630||510 - 630||520 - 640|
|RECOMMENDED RIDER'S WEIGHT (KG.)||50-60||55-65||60-75||65-80||70-85||80+|
|RECOMMENDED RIDER'S WEIGHT (LBS.)||110-132||121-143||132-165||143-177||154-187||177+|
|RECOMMENDED BINDING SIZE||-||-||-||-||-||-|