Nidecker Merc Snowboard 2022
The Merc is designed for riders looking to have fun on the mountain, and improve all aspects of their riding. The directional shape with only a 1cm difference between the nose and the tail gives the board great drive, but makes it easy to ride switch. It features: Nideker's Premium Sandwich construction made with advanced materials like carbon for added durability and improved shock absorption; Standard Camrock three-phase camber construction with added rocker in the nose and tail, and traditional camber between the bindings for extra pop and control; and an extra durable, responsive and lightweight Master Core, built with the perfect harmony of different wood types and densities for a superior weight-to-performance to power ratio.
- Standard CamRock: This tried and true camber is perfect for riders who want to enjoy all aspects of snowboarding. With camber between the bindings and rocker evenly distributed in the nose and tail, this is the all-mountain, all-conditions profile that will leave you stoked and smiling from ear to ear.
- Flex Rating: 6/10 (1=Soft,10=Stiff)
- Diamond Nose: This is a newly developed shape with a longer transition that allows for a more compact nose with increased float.
- Diamond Tail: This evolution of the all-round tail is compact with a longer transition for increased lift, allowing you to ride switch without compromising the board's responsiveness.
- R7 Series Sidecut: This short to moderate 7+ meter radius is perfect for carving sharp arcing turns.
- R8 Series Sidecut (159W): This medium 8+ meter radius is stable and versatile enough for everyday riding.
- Master Core: The Master Core construction is the result of a long history of experimentation in materials and woodcraft. It's the perfect harmony of different wood densities and varieties (poplar, beech, spruce, and paulownia), resulting in a superior weight to power ratio and an ultra-strong, extra-responsive lightweight core.
- Triax Plus: The result extensive testing with riders and engineers, Nidecker's Triax laminate is oriented at 45° to the board, and contains different glass densities. This provides consistent torsional flex, better pop, and more reactivity on every turn.
- Pop Carbon: Strategic placement of carbon fiber from the tail to the rear inserts, and from the nose to the front inserts, resulting in a more reactive board, with increased pop and stiffness. It's vibration dampening qualities make it ideal for more aggressive riding in all conditions.
- Premium Sandwich: This next level construction steps up the power and response of the standard sandwich manufacturing. Adding advanced materials like Carbon and Kevlar® gives the board more pop and improved shock absorption.
- N-5000: The N-5000 is a universal base designed to absorb wax and retain it longer. Exceptionally durable, this base will take you anywhere.
- Absorbnid: This innovative top layer has been developed to absorb unwanted vibrations allowing for responsive and dynamic boards that still give you a smooth and comfortable ride.
- Matte Finish
- Translucent Color
- Varnish Pattern
- 2x4 - 5 Inserts: With 5 rows of inserts every 2 cm, this combination is the industry standard and works with all bindings on the market. The reference stance is the middle position.
|Effective Edge (mm)||900||930||970||970||1000||1000||1030||1060|
|Tip Width (mm)||285||291||292||298||295||303||306||312|
|Waist Width (mm)||244||252||254||260||255||263||266||270|
|Tail Width (mm)||285||291||292||298||295||303||306||312|
|Sidecut Radius (m)||7||7.4||7.6||7.9||7.7||8||8.2||8.4|
|Stance Setback (mm)||10||10||10||10||10||10||10||10|
|Stance Range (mm)||470-550||480-560||510-590||510-590||520-600||520-600||520-600||540-620|
|Rider Weight (lbs)||121-143||132-154||143-165||143-165||154-187||154-187||165-199||177+|