Nidecker Alpha Snowboard 2022
Inspired by the efficient shapes found in nature, the Alpha sets a new standard in all-mountain fluency. Glide effortlessly through powder, slice clean lines down the trails or thread the needle on your favorite tree-run; it’s all about flow. A 3D spooned nose – based on the profiles of marine mammals – provides maximum float and easy turn initiation, while the subtle pinch at the rear of the sidecut mimics a bird of prey’s tail, helping it to sink in deep snow. Under the hood, the Alpha features a lively NDK core made from sustainable Swiss poplar, combined with carbon fiber layers for even more pop. Vibrations are kept to a minimum thanks to our Absorbnid™ topsheet. The Alpha’s smooth edge-to-edge transitions and versatile flex makes it the go-to deck for creative mountain surfers like Matieu Crepel.
- Premium Sandwich Construction: This next level construction steps up the power and response of our standard sandwich manufacturing. Adding enhanced materials like Carbon and Kevlar gives the board more pop and improved shock absorption.
- Absorbnid Top: Innovative top layer designed to absorb unwanted vibrations. This allows us to develop responsive, dynamic boards that still give you a smooth and fatigue free ride.
- 4/2-6: With 6 rows of inserts every 2cm, this insert combination allows you to adjust your stance to optimum position and works with all the bindings on the market. Our reference stance is the second narrowest position possible.
- NDK Swiss Core: Wood core made in Switzerland
- N-7000 Base: Developed exclusively for Nidecker, the N-7000, is an extremely tough, sintruded base with added carbon nanoparticles that provide exceptional glide.
- Pop Carbon Added Fibers: Strategic placement of carbon fibers from the tail to the rear inserts, and from the nose to the front inserts, results in a more reactive board, with increased pop and stiffness. It's vibration dampening qualities make it ideal for more aggressive riding in all conditions.
|BOARD SIZE (CM)||153||158|
|TOTAL LENGTH (MM)||1530||1580|
|NOSE LENGTH (MM)||300||300|
|CONTACT EDGE LENGTH (MM)||990||1050|
|EFFECTIVE EDGE LENGTH (MM)||1130||1190|
|TAIL LENGTH (MM)||230||230|
|SIDECUT RADIUS (M)||7400||7800|
|NOSE WIDTH (MM)||290||300|
|UNDERFOOT WIDTH : FRONT FOOT (MM)||-||-|
|WAIST WIDTH (MM)||252||258|
|UNDERFOOT WIDTH : REAR FOOT (MM)||-||-|
|TAIL WIDTH (MM)||288||296|
|SET BACK (MM)||15||20|
|REFERENCE STANCE (MM)||530||540|
|MINIMUM - MAXIMUM STANCE (MM)||490 - 610||500 - 620|
|RECOMMENDED RIDER'S WEIGHT (KG.)||60-80||75+|
|RECOMMENDED RIDER'S WEIGHT (LBS.)||132-176||165+|
|RECOMMENDED BINDING SIZE||-||-|