Faction Prodigy 2 Skis 2023
FREE Sunglasses with Purchase
The Prodigy 2 is the ultimate all-mountain shred-tool. Packing all the right ingredients to help you pop, stomp and surf all over the mountain, its Poplar Core is soft and poppy enough to butter those slushy rollers while maintaining stiffness underfoot, meaning the only way to beat your last run, is to go back up for another one.
You'll love this ski if:
- You want stability and durability for crushing the park
- You want a ski that carves hard, but also easily pivots and smears
- You love to butter and ski backwards
- You love to ski and do tricks all around the mountain, not just in the park
- Flex Rating: 7 (1 = Soft, 10 = Stiff)
- Elliptical Sidecut: Elliptical Sidecut is made up of a longer radius underfoot and shorter radii in the tip and tail of the ski. The long radius underfoot means you can pivot faster and easier, while a shorter radius in the tip and tail result in easier turn initiation. This sidecut allows for a wide variety of turn lengths, angles and mounting positions.
- Directional Twin: A considerably skinnier tail width than in the tip provides ultimate downhill performance for attacking the mountain. A twin tip in the tail encourages playfulness and freestyle attitude, meaning you can ride switch with ease.
- Tip Height: 70mm
- Tail Height: 56mm
- Sustainable Poplar Wood Core: Poplar is a light-colored, medium-weight, durable softwood that flexes and pops nicely as well as having a whole load of vibration absorption capabilities. Used as the only wood in this core, it allows the ski to pop, butter and stomp like an all-mountain freestyle ski and also have enough torsional stability to grip impressively on the downhill.
- Microcap Full Strength Sidewall: Micro-cap construction is a hybrid of a premium, sandwich sidewall construction fused with a lightweight, durable cap construction. With micro-cap, the sandwich construction provides awesome edge hold and torsional stability while the ski’s topsheet wraps around and meets the sidewall, protecting the fragile joint that can be prone to chipping.
- XL 2.5mm Edges: Fractions of a millimeter might not sound like much, but when it comes to edges, it adds up. The 2.5mm edges stack an extra 25% of height on top of our already super-durable standard 2.0mm edges. This extra steel gives the rider a pair of skis that are going to take more abuse and last longer.