Capita Ultrafear Snowboard 2022
As a three-time Transworld Good Wood Award winner and star of endless video segments, no board has seen more screen time than the ULTRAFEAR. With a new Dual Blaster V2 Core™, Carbon Kevlar Body Armor™, and a full perimeter 360º Cork Edge Dampening System, the technically advanced composition of the ULTRAFEAR provides increased ollie power and a toughness coveted by many riders. Loaded with high-end technical attributes, the ULTRAFEAR stands as one of the greatest jib and park boards in the world.
- Resort V1 Profile: RESORT V1 Profile boards take full advantage of the benefits of traditional camber, zero camber, and reverse camber. This next generation design allows you to get the pop and response of a cambered board with all the predictability and easy turn initiation of zero camber or reverse camber shapes.
- True Twin
- Radial Sidecut: A single radius design that allows your board to start and finish a turn on the same arc.
- Dual Blaster V2 Core™: The Dual Blaster V2 Core™ features internal Poplar strips fused with super light, high strength Paulownia wood featured in premium boards. With a stable and predictable feel underfoot, these lightweight cores provide the energy and reliability required for Capita's most in demand boards.
- Carbon Kevlar Body Armor™: Carbon Kevlar applied to the shoulders of the Ultrafear makes them incredibly tough and impact resistant, and it's thermally stable so it maintains its strength even at sub zero temperatures. Carbon Fiber boosters through the centerline of the board magnifies it's high-tensile strength and low weight. This provides a finely balanced combination of vibration and dampening and snappy pop.
- 360º 1.5 mm CORK EDGE DAMPENING SYSTEM: Damp, durable, and lighter than rubber, cork increases protection from blunt force impacts and decreases vibration. Now featuring wrap around construction for maximum effect.
- Holysheet™ Fiberglass + Magic Bean™ Resin: Triax/Biax Holysheet™ has higher glass to weight ratio than normalized fiberglass. Impregnated with high performance plant based Magic Bean™ resin for the most powerful and dynamic ride.
- Full ABS1000 Sidewalls
- Quantum Drive™ Base: Harder, stronger, faster, the Quantum Drive™ base is an updated sintered ultra-high molecular weight, ultra-high density polyethylene - Millenium Falcon of bases just got turbo charged.
- Multitech™ Sublimation + Die-Cut Base: Sublimation is an exact science for an inexact process. In sublimation, ink is pushed through a substrate into base material using pressure and heat.
- 360 Degree HRC48 Steel Edges
- Multitech™ Level 4 DeepSpace™ Silkscreen + PAM16000™ Topsheet with Metallic Underlay: Strategically layering ink on multiple levels from the top and the bottom, CAPiTA imbues their graphics with a sense of life through depth.
- PLT Topsheet Technology™: PLT™ technology is exclusive to CAPiTA MFG and magically bonds the topsheet to an already pressed snowboard. This is magical because the rest of the world mashes their topsheet on with glue, heat and pressure during the pressing stage. Doing so causes the fiberglass structure underneath to show through the topsheet. And because nobody wants to spend their hard earned cash on a bumpy snowboard, many companies slather their tops with a thick, toxic lacquer to smooth things out. Not only is that ish heavy and can potentially develop unsightly hairline cracks, it's also really unhealthy for the working environment. The PLT™ machine produces a featherlight, smooth, high-gloss finish, without all that poisonous deadweight.
- Made at the 100% Hydro Powered Mothership Facility: The NH3 natural gas heating system has an ODP (Ozone Depletion Potential) and GWP (Global Warming Potential) of 0, with a COP (coefficient of performance) of 5. This means that for every 1 unit of energy consumed by the system, 5 units of energy for heating and cooling is achieved. It's like making the effort to spin a 360, but landing a silky smooth 1800 instead. The Mothership is also designed to maximize the use of natural light during the day by having ample skylights and strategically placed interior cutaways throughout the entire facility -- while energy efficient LED lighting acts as supplementary illumination where necessary.
- Stainless Steel 2x4 Inserts
Board Size Chart
|Effective Edge (mm)||1129||1147||1166||1182||1198|
|Tip Width (mm)||289||292||295||297||304|
|Waist Width (mm)||248||250||252||254||260|
|Tail Width (mm)||289||292||295||297||304|
|Sidecut Radius (m)||7.6||7.65||7.7||7.8||7.96|
|Stance Range (in)||23||24||24||24||25|
|Stance Range (mm)||584||609||609||609||635|
|Rider Weight (lbs)||90-150||90-150||100-150||110-170||130-190|