Capita Space Metal Fantasy Women's Snowboard 2022
The five-time Transworld Good Wood Award winning Space Metal Fantasy is widely regarded as one of the best women’s park boards on the market. Although, to be fair, saying it is a park board limits its potential to a high degree. For classification purposes, we present this as a park series, but in truth, it’s much more than that. The Space Metal Fantasy is fun for carving around the slopes, playing on features in the park, and even floats ridiculously well in powder.
This very forgiving reverse camber shape provides a fun experience for intermediate riders looking to expedite the learning curve and take their riding to the next level on many different types of terrain. Upgraded for 2020 with the trusty and reliable FSC© Certified Dual Core, the SMF is a vehicle for progression and can excel in any riding environment without breaking the bank.
- Park V2 Profile: These versatile boards feature a dual reverse camber Flat Kick freestyle shape. A zero camber section throughout the insert area provides a stable skate-style feel, while elevated contact points turn on a dime and float effortlessly in powder.
- True Twin
- Radial Sidecut: A single radius design that allows your board to start and finish a turn on the same arc.
- FSC Certified Dual Core: Dual Core features a lightweight and poppy Poplar foundation, with Beech placed through the inserts for added power and durability. This offers a consistent, comfortable, and powerful ride that is certified sustainable.
- Special Blend Fiberglass + Magic Bean™ Resin: Custom weighted Biaxial top / Biaxial bottom = increased strength and durability. Impregnated with reformulated, high performance plant based Magic Bean™ Resin.
- Full ABS1000 Sidewalls
- Superdrive™ EX Base: The new standard in sintruded base material, this versatile running base is precision forged for high abrasion resistance and a super smooth glide.
- Sublimation Base
- Bitter End Deflection Tuning
- 360 Degree HRC48 Steel Edges
- Multitech™ Level 4 DeepSpace™ Silkscreen + PAM16000™ Topsheet with Metallic Underlay: Strategically layering ink on multiple levels from the top and the bottom, CAPiTA imbues their graphics with a sense of life through depth.
- PLT Topsheet Technology™: PLT™ technology is exclusive to CAPiTA MFG and magically bonds the topsheet to an already pressed snowboard. This is magical because the rest of the world mashes their topsheet on with glue, heat and pressure during the pressing stage. Doing so causes the fiberglass structure underneath to show through the topsheet. And because nobody wants to spend their hard earned cash on a bumpy snowboard, many companies slather their tops with a thick, toxic lacquer to smooth things out. Not only is that ish heavy and can potentially develop unsightly hairline cracks, it's also really unhealthy for the working environment. The PLT™ machine produces a featherlight, smooth, high-gloss finish, without all that poisonous deadweight.
- Made at the 100% Hydro Powered Mothership Facility: The NH3 natural gas heating system has an ODP (Ozone Depletion Potential) and GWP (Global Warming Potential) of 0, with a COP (coefficient of performance) of 5. This means that for every 1 unit of energy consumed by the system, 5 units of energy for heating and cooling is achieved. It's like making the effort to spin a 360, but landing a silky smooth 1800 instead. The Mothership is also designed to maximize the use of natural light during the day by having ample skylights and strategically placed interior cutaways throughout the entire facility -- while energy efficient LED lighting acts as supplementary illumination where necessary.
- Stainless Steel 2x4 Inserts
Board Size Chart
|Effective Edge (mm)||1121||1137||1153||1179||1186||1203||1219|
|Tip Width (mm)||276||278||281||284||286||288||290|
|Waist Width (mm)||231||233||236||239||241||243||245|
|Tail Width (mm)||276||278||281||284||286||288||290|
|Sidecut Radius (m)||6.8||6.9||7.1||7.3||7.5||7.7||7.9|
|Stance Range (in)||22||22||23||23||23||24||24|
|Stance Range (mm)||560||560||584||584||584||609||609|
|Rider Weight (lbs)||90-140||90-140||100-150||100-150||110-160||110-160||110-170+|