Capita Mercury Snowboard 2022
A favorite of all-terrain masters like Kevin Backstrom and Arthur Longo, the Mercury will get you into and out of every possible situation. This award-winning series is renowned for all-terrain versatility from powder and kickers to side hits and laps around the park. It has been designed for power when you want it and float when you need it. For 2022, it now comes in four new sizes including a 150 for smaller riders and three dedicated wide offerings for riders with larger boot sizes. With this board, there's no need to check the weather report because it can handle it all. Featuring an ultralight Panda Core™ with Bamboo Power Rods™ among many other technical attributes like Amplitex™ V-Tech Amplifiers, the Mercury's durability and ollie power reign supreme.
- Resort V2 Profile: This revolutionary all-terrain shape provides the best of both worlds. It has a raised camber platform through the inserts to retain high-speed edge hold through variable terrain, elevated contact points to land and float in powder, and Flat Kick tip and tail arcs for faster, more aggressive transitions.
- Flex: 6.5/10
- New Age Directional Sidecut with Death Grip™
- FSC® Certified Panda Core™: Super lightweight Certified Core aligned with bamboo power rods.
- Amplitex™ V-Tech Amplifier: Grid woven tech tape featuring the response of carbon with the dampness of flax.
- Holysheet™ Fiberglass + Magic Bean™ Resin: Triax/Biax Holysheet™ has higher glass to weight ratio than normalized fiberglass. Impregnated with high performance plant based Magic Bean™ resin for the most powerful and dynamic ride.
- Full ABS1000 Sidewalls
- Hyperdrive™ Base: Exclusively formulated, sintered, ultra-high molecular weight, ultra-high density polyethylene, custom engineered with special additives. Rated for the most depraved speed junkies only.
- Die-Cut Base
- 360 Degree HRC48 Steel Edges
- Multitech™ Level 6 DeepSpace™ Silkscreen + PAM16000™ Topsheet with Metallic Underlay
- PLT Topsheet Technology™: PLT™ technology is exclusive to CAPiTA MFG and magically bonds the topsheet to an already pressed snowboard. This is magical because the rest of the world mashes their topsheet on with glue, heat and pressure during the pressing stage. Doing so causes the fiberglass structure underneath to show through the topsheet. And because nobody wants to spend their hard earned cash on a bumpy snowboard, many companies slather their tops with a thick, toxic lacquer to smooth things out. Not only is that ish heavy and can potentially develop unsightly hairline cracks, it's also really unhealthy for the working environment. The PLT™ machine produces a featherlight, smooth, high-gloss finish, without all that poisonous deadweight.
- Made at the 100% Hydro Powered Mothership Facility: The NH3 natural gas heating system has an ODP (Ozone Depletion Potential) and GWP (Global Warming Potential) of 0, with a COP (coefficient of performance) of 5. This means that for every 1 unit of energy consumed by the system, 5 units of energy for heating and cooling is achieved. It's like making the effort to spin a 360, but landing a silky smooth 1800 instead. The Mothership is also designed to maximize the use of natural light during the day by having ample skylights and strategically placed interior cutaways throughout the entire facility -- while energy efficient LED lighting acts as supplementary illumination where necessary.
- Stainless Steel 2x4 Inserts
Board Size Chart
|Effective Edge (mm)||1159||1153||1169||1185||1201||1217||1207||1223||1239|
|Tip Width (mm)||293||296||299||301||303||306||305||307||309|
|Waist Width (mm)||251||253||255||257||259||261||261||263||265|
|Tail Width (mm)||293||296||299||301||303||306||305||307||309|
|Sidecut Radius (m)||7.3/1.5/7.3||7.5/1.5/7.5||7.7/1.5/7.7||7.85/1.5/7.85||8/1.5/8||8.15/1.5/8.15||7.8/1.5/7.8||7.9/1.5/7.9||8.0/1.5/8.0|
|Stance Setback (in)||0.5||0.5||0.5||0.5||0.5||0.5||0.5||0.5||0.5|
|Stance Range (in)||24||24||25||25||26.6||26.6||25||25||26.6|
|Stance Range (mm)||609||609||635||635||675||675||635||635||675|
|Rider Weight (lbs)||90-150||100-160||120-180||130-190||140-200||160-220+||120-180||130-190||140-220|