The width of this ski really helps the deep pow landings, the amount of rocker is perfect for the chopped up snow mid day.
4Frnt YLE Signature Series Ski 2014
FREE USA Shipping, FREE Earbud Headphones FREE Binding Mounting- Click Here
In his defense, we didn’t have a ski that could ski as well for him forwards as it did backwards in powder. When we got a printed plot done by our engineer Bob, he slowly traced the symmetrical geometry with his index finger, later stacking books under the paper in the tip and tail to simulate their rise. Wiley went skiing that day without ever moving his feet.
“The YLE excels on everything from park, crud, and ice, to pow, bc jumps and big lines. The only decision I had to make was what size to be on? I ride the 177 in park, smaller bc jumps, features, resort crusing, etc, and the 187 on bigger lines, and basically faster, bigger skiing in general. I designed the YLE to be symmetrical, meaning you can ski it switch as comfortably as forwards. I like having also more tail behind me when landing airs. If one chooses to take a spin off a cat track, bump or jump, the ski offers a low swing weight. Although you may be skiing a 187 the swing weight is more balanced than if you where to be skiing a 187 mounted 7cm’s back from true center.”- Wiley Miller
- Rocker- An upturned radius in the tips and tails lets the ski float through powder and off-trail conditions.
- Traditional Contact- The two contact points of the ski are at the tips and tails.
- Twin Tip- The tail of the ski is also upturned to allow for switch skiing and landings.
- Symmetrical- Skis with the same dimensions in the tip and the tail, along with near the centered mounting point.
- Classic Camber- A traditional ski shape that gives the ski maximum performance in groomed conditions.
- Semi Cap Construction- Semi Cap partially wraps the top sheet around the sidewall for additional durability.
- Backcountry Freestyle- Take the park into the backcountry with these skis designed for maximum stompage.
- Hi Lite Core-A blend of poplar and beech makes Hi-Lite Cores snappy and lightweight with enough substance to drive wider skis in soft snow.
- Sintered Base
- Full-Wrap Edge
|Tip Width (mm)||138||140|
|Waist Width (mm)||118||119|
|Tail Width (mm)||138||140|
|Turning Radius (m)||24||25|