I like the stiffer version more because I'm a heavy guy.
Salomon Quest 120 Ski Boots 2014
Comes with a FREE Earbud Headphones and FREE USA shipping!
High performance all-mountain boot with magnesium Backbone technology combines proven Salomon's skiing performance with comfortable hiking and walking.
- Mono-material PU upper cuff- polyurethane: material with consistent density that facilitates progress on-snow without effort; shiny, durable, dynamic & abrasion resistant
- Mono-material PU lower shell-Polyurethane: material with consistent density that facilitates progress on-snow without effort; shiny, durable, dynamic & abrasion resistant
- Waterproof gusset-PVC piece between the lower shell's overlap & the forefoot hood, sealing out snow and water
- Extended rubber sole
- Ride & Hike technology-Salomon patented system combining the backbone release with a specific V-cut shape on the back of the lower shell. Allows wide rear cuff opening when hiking (Backbone unlocked) & true alpine forward flex when skiing down (Backbone locked) because the backside of the backbone fits precisely into the V-cut lower shell
- Single canting-Canting enables cuff alignment to the skier's lower leg shape. Single canting allows the cuff to be moved towards the interior.
- Heel and toe removable din pads-Heel & toe pads can be replaced when worn out
- Racing spoiler-A reinforced spoiler to improve strongly the back support of the boot, able to support the big efforts of the World Cup Racers
- Forward pressure plate-Optional plate that can be affixed to the inside front of the upper cuff, improving pressure distribution on the shin and adding power to forward flex
- Backbone release-Taken from the X3 Lab, Magnesium piece linking the cuff to the shell providing solid back support & rebound and a progressive forward flex when locked. When unlocked for hiking, releases the cuff on the back for a wider opening and easier hell to toe transition
- My Custom Fit Pro-Maximum customization with 3 layers of thermoformable foam on the ankle, heel, meta, tongue & sole for perfect comfort & transmission
- Quicklace-Thanks to laces on the liner, the envelopment of your foot is perfectly homogeneous for a great driving precision. It allows you to guaranty a good and comfortable foothold without closing the shell too hard.
- Biovent-The very first breathable liner in a ski boot to keep feet warm all day. This technology helps regulate body temperature thanks to a multilayer construction inspired from apparel.
- 3 micro alu buckles-3 micro alu minimum buckles, lighter than tranditional buckles and articulated for a better comfort while hiking. To micro adjust the length of the buckles for a precise and personalized closure, just turn the lever. Alu buckle : more resistant & richer finish
- Heel cushioning system-A shock absorbing sole made from special materials absorbs shocks when landing jumps
- SCS (Salomon Cushioning System)-A New generation of Toes cuhioning for riders made of a soft insert on the shell and an oversize liner toe cushioning to ensure protection of the toes while landing big air