Rome 390 Boss Snowboard Bindings 2014
Comes with a FREE Snowboard DVD and FREE USA Shipping!
Only Available in L/XL!!!
THE ONE BINDING THAT LAYS IT DOWN FROM STREET FEATURES TO SKETCHY CHUTES.
With a medium flex profile, the 390 Boss combines advanced customization and optimized snowboard feel that only comes from a Rome binding: toe-to-heel power merged with side-to-side tweakage. Canting in the foot bed, advanced strap materials, and Rome-only flex-with-pop technology. The world’s best boss.
V-Rod Baseplate-An unevenly designed baseplate with elevated corners on the toeside lateral corner and the heelside medial corner, and a rod of contact everywhere else. The smaller binding footprint gives natural board flex, side-to-side tweakage, and full toe-to-heel power. The combo of a smaller binding footprint and more power from edge to edge is ideal for any binding-board combination V-Rod delivers.
How the baseplate is designed: A v-shaped “rockered” baseplate.
- A 110mm “rod” of contact with your board from edge to edge, extending from the outside of your heel to your big toe.
- The medial rear corner and lateral front corner of the baseplate are raised (v-shaped) off the surface of the board, and are replaced with compressible EVA and rubber.
How it rides: Flex with pop.
- The narrow 110mm footprint of the rod lets your board flex more naturally.
- The narrow 110mm footprint of the rod, combined with the compressible EVA and rubber give your binding more progressive tweak.
- The edge-to-edge contact of the rod gives you direct toe-to-heel power.
New Yes, I can't System-The only customizable canting in snowboarding. A new quick-as-f*&k footbed that lets you pick the angle you want. Go flat footed with 0 degree, add a little angle of 2 degrees or cant up with 3.5 degrees of lean for comfort and added power over nose and tail. Ideal for rocker boards. Canting is great for increasing power over your nose and tail, and for increasing knee comfort on wider stances. Now as one complete piece, the NEW Yes, I Cant footbed is easy to customize with a quick adjust channel. Move the entire footbed 7mm forward for a larger boot size or 7mm back for smaller sizing. Swapping canting options is faster and easier than ever before.
New Underwrap.2 Heel Hoop with Channel Adjust-A primary element in driving the feel of the binding, this is the backbone to the 390 chassis. Light through coring, UnderWrap tech delivers our signature performance of toe-to-heel power combined with side-to-side flex. With the Channel Adjust system for 2014, dialing it in is easier than ever. Created for the 390, 390 Boss, and Madison Boss models, this frame has a solid heel section to take a beating and coring on the sides to lighten the load. UnderWrap has always delivered Flex With Pop—now it’s better with a set-up time that is all that much faster. As the backbone of our hybrid bindings, the UnderWrap system is the single most important Design House technology for combining unadulterated heel-to-toe power transfer with side-to-side snowboard tweakage. By lifting up on the toeside section of the binding while digging in heelside and vice versa, the power from your turn is leveraged into both edges. With the added Channel Adjust system, you can now move the heel hoop without removing any nuts or bolts. With 20mm of track, there is plenty of room to customize the heel hoop to any boot.
New Contour Boss Ankle Strap-Designed to conform over the ankle, this strap has double the cushion for comfort and new materials for a smooth support profile. The next step in superior ankle straps from the SDS Design House. Improving a strap that is already the most comfortable and durable in the market was a challenge. For the Boss models, the Design House looked for new materials, a different construction pattern, and additional EVA to mold the inside. The result is form-fitting support that feels great on the ankle.
Conformgrip Toe Strap-Overmolded TPR seamlessly incases the nose of all boots for fit and grip that delivers comfort and control. Or run it over your boot if you like it Old School.
With over-molded rubber that grips for increased comfort and control, this toe strap is the most conforming configuration on the market. An upper and lower plastic frame merged by heavy-duty rubber in two configurations. More grip on the toe means less need to crank your straps, which means more comfort.
An X pattern focuses grip over the front of the boot and allows a little more flex for the 390 Boss and Mob Boss Models.
- The vertically aligned configuration on the Targa model provides added support and more surface area over and around the toe.
Autostrap-A Rome-only idea—using an elastic band to hold the ankle straps out of the footbed until you are off the chair and ready to strap in. Simple and efficient. Founded on the idea that snowboarders should beat skiers to lines on pow days, the Rome AutoStrap system makes strapping in as fast as possible. A built-in piece elastic band keeps the ankle strap in tension, creating a system that holds your ankle strap away from the footbed when you’re not strapped in. Open your buckle and your strap automatically swings out of the way.
New Inbase Pad-The Design House has created a new footbed that is fully redesigned from one piece of preformed EVA with varying cushioning under the ball of the foot and heel. It’s also completely customizable with one channel screw connecting the footbed to the baseplate, for quick and easy adjustability and positioning to match the riders boot size.
- NEW Forward Lean Adjustment
- 390 Asym Highback-Manufactured asymmetrically with a slight cant inward, this highback is built to match stance angles and flex with any board and boot combo. Take the 390 or 390 Boss anywhere and get the perfect balance of flex and response.
- SubBase V-Pad-As a crucial component to the V-Rod technology, this padded section of EVA between the binding and board fills the raised regions of the V-Rod Baseplate and creates cushioning and flex. This allows the V-Rod power transfer to effectively work while still providing a dampening barrier between the baseplate and topsheet.
- Rome Customization Foundation
- Rome QuickTech Foundation
Flex and Feel- Powerful-Playful
Sizing Info: L/XL Fits U.S Mens 9-14